BricklayingAverage Duration: 3 years
CPC30111 Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying
This qualification provides a trade outcome in bricklaying/blocklaying for residential and commercial construction work.
(Summary of occupation) Duties performed by a bricklayer may include: working with Bricklaying tools/ equipment and materials, Reading plans and specifications, measuring and calculating amounts of materials needed, levelling, setting out, Laying brick/block walling, planning and organising the work, building brick veneer and cavity housing, Installing flashings and DPC, building steps, concrete retaining walling with reinforcement, curved walling and fireplaces.
They may work on large commercial projects or small housing projects.
To obtain a Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying the following units must be completed:
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCBL2001A Handle and prepare bricklaying and blocklaying materials
- CPCCBL2002A Use bricklaying and blocklaying tools and equipment
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2006B Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCCA3002A Carry out setting out
- CPCCBL3005A Lay masonry walls and corners
- CPCCBL3006A Lay multi-thickness walls and piers
- CPCCSF2004A Place and fix reinforcement materials
- CPCCCO2013A Carry out concreting to simple forms
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCBL3002A Carry out masonry veneer construction
- CPCCBL3003A Carry out cavity brick construction
- CPCCBL3009A Install flashings and damp proof course
- CPCCBL3004A Construct masonry steps and stairs
- CPCCCM2009A Carry out basic demolition
- CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- CPCCBL3013A Construct masonry structural systems
- CPCCBL3014A Install fire-rated masonry construction
- CPCCBL3011A Construct curved walls
- CPCCBL3010A Construct masonry arches
- CPCCCM2007B Use explosive power tools
- CPCCBL3015A Construct decorative brickwork
- CPCCBL3012A Construct fireplaces and chimneys
Course delivery and assessment is through an Australian Apprenticeship, Fee for Service or Recognition of Prior Learning for workers with industry experience.
A non -refundable application fee of $500 (+GST) applies to RPL applications and $74.00 per unit fee (+GST). For units not achieved via RPL, applicants wanting to complete the full qualification will need to enrol, pay $481.48 (+GST) per unit and complete the remaining units via training.
Course Cost fee for service – $13,000 (+GST)
$481.48 per unit
A payment of $1000 (+GST) is required on enrolment with progressive payments of $800 (+GST) payable every 4 months for a total of 15 payments, with the first payment due 4 months after commencement. Early completion requires the balance owing be paid in full prior to the issuance of your certificate.