BricklayingAverage Duration: 3 years
CPC33020 Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying
This qualification provides a trade outcome in bricklaying/blocklaying for residential and commercial construction work.
(Summary of occupation) Duties performed by a bricklayer may include: working with Bricklaying tools/ equipment and materials, Reading plans and specifications, measuring and calculating amounts of materials needed, levelling, setting out, Laying brick/block walling, planning and organising the work, building brick veneer and cavity housing, Installing flashings and DPC, building steps, concrete retaining walling with reinforcement, curved walling and fireplaces.
They may work on large commercial projects or small housing projects.
To obtain a Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying the following units must be completed:
- CPCCWHS2001 Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCOM1012 Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCOM1014 Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCBL2001 Handle and prepare bricklaying and blocklaying materials
- CPCCBL2002 Use bricklaying and blocklaying tools and equipment
- CPCCOM2001 Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCOM1015 Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2006 Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCCA3002 Carry out setting out
- CPCCBL3005 Lay masonry walls and corners
- CPCCBL3006 Lay multi-thickness walls and piers
- CPCCSF2004 Place and fix reinforcement materials
- CPCCCO2013 Carry out concreting to simple forms
- CPCCOM1013 Plan and organise work
- CPCCBL3002 Carry out masonry veneer construction
- CPCCBL3003 Carry out cavity brick construction
- CPCCBL3009 Install flashings and damp proof course
- CPCCBL3004 Construct masonry steps and stairs
- CPCCCM2009 Carry out basic demolition
- CPCCCM2008 Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- CPCCCM2012 Work safely at heights
- CPCCBL3013 Construct masonry structural systems
- CPCCBL3014 Install fire-rated masonry construction
- CPCCBL3011 Construct curved walls
- CPCCBL3010 Construct masonry arches
- CPCCPA3001 Prepare subgrade, base and bedding course for segmental paving
- AHCLSC307 Implement a paving wall project
- CPCCBL3001 Lay Paving
Course delivery and assessment is through an Australian Apprenticeship, Fee for Service or Recognition of Prior Learning for workers with industry experience.
A non -refundable application fee of $500 (+GST) applies to RPL applications and $74.00 per unit fee (+GST). For units not achieved via RPL, applicants wanting to complete the full qualification will need to enrol, pay $481.48 (+GST) per unit and complete the remaining units via training.
Course Cost fee for service – $13,000 (+GST)
$481.48 per unit
A payment of $1000 (+GST) is required on enrolment with progressive payments of $800 (+GST) payable every 4 months for a total of 15 payments, with the first payment due 4 months after commencement. Early completion requires the balance owing be paid in full prior to the issuance of your certificate.