ConstructionAverage Duration: 1 year
CPC20120 Certificate II in Construction
This qualification provides an occupational outcome and a range of support tasks applicable to a majority of construction work sites.
With a cert II in construction students may gain an entry level position on a construction site as a labourer. A builder’s labourer may perform a variety of tasks which may include loading and unloading construction materials and equipment, digging holes and removing material….
To obtain a Certificate II in Construction the following units must be completed:
- CPCCWHS2001 Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCOM1012 Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCOM1014 Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM2012 Work safely at heights
- CPCCBL2001 Handle and prepare bricklaying and blocklaying materials
- CPCCCM2005 Use construction tools and equipment
- CPCCOM2001 Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCOM1015 Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2006 Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCSF2004 Place and fix reinforcement materials
- CPCCCO2013 Carry out concreting to simple forms
- CPCCOM1013 Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM2009 Carry out basic demolition
- CPCCCM2008 Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- CPCCCM2007 Use explosive power tools
Course delivery and assessment is through a Traineeship, Fee for Service or Recognition of Prior Learning for workers with industry experience.