Landscape ConstructionAverage Duration: 2 years
AHC30916 Certificate III in Landscape Construction
This qualification provides a general vocational outcome in landscape construction. The landscape industry expects this qualification to be achieved to meet job outcomes at this level.
(Summary of occupation) A landscaper’s duties will include working with Landscaping tools/ equipment and materials, Reading plans and specifications, measuring and calculating amounts of materials needed, levelling, setting out, Laying brick/block walling, planning and organising the work, working with soils and plants, laying concrete footings, ponds, paths, building retaining walls with drainage, paving driveways and or paths, building features using stone, water features, pizza ovens etc.
To obtain a Certificate III in Landscape Construction the following units must be completed:
- AHCWHS301 Contribute to WHS processes
- CPCCCM2005B Use construction tools and equipment
- CPCCCM2004A Handle construction materials
- AHCLSC301 Set out site for construction works
- AHCSOL303 Implement soil improvements for garden and turf areas
- AHCLSC302 Construct landscape features using concrete
- CPCCVE1011A Undertake a basic construction project
- AHCLSC303 Construct brick and/or block structures and features
- AHCDRG301 Install drainage systems
- AHCLSC307 Implement a retaining wall project
- AHCLSC305 Construct stone structures and features
- AHCLSC306 Implement a paving project
- AHCPCM302 Provide information on plants and their culture
- AHCPGD301 Implement a plant establishment program
- AHCBUS402 Cost a project
Course delivery and assessment is through an Australian Apprenticeship, Fee for Service or Recognition of Prior Learning for workers with industry experience.
A non -refundable application fee of $500 (+GST) applies to RPL applications and $133.33 per unit fee (+GST). For units not achieved via RPL, applicants wanting to complete the full qualification will need to enrol, pay $866.67 (+GST) per unit and complete the remaining units via training.
Course Cost fee for service – $13,000 (+GST)
$866.67 per unit
A payment of $1000 (+GST) is required on enrolment with progressive payments of $800 (+GST) payable every 4 months for a total of 15 payments, with the first payment due 4 months after commencement. Early completion requires the balance owing be paid in full prior to the issuance of your certificate.